Sponsored by SOCIAL SUPPLY
Following my try-out at the cooking class at Future Food Studio, I wanted to see if I could come up with some plant-based recipes with JUST Egg.
I got ahold of some bottles! So here are three easy plant-based recipes.
About — What is JUST Egg?
JUST Egg is a plant-based product made with mung beans, legumes that are high in protein. It has roughly the same amount of protein as a regular egg, but it’s cholesterol-free. While it can’t beat the real deal, JUST Egg comes close to scrambled eggs in taste and texture.
If you’re allergic to eggs, eating consciously, or want to consume less meat-based products, this is for you.
Plant-Based Recipes with JUST Egg
JUST Egg comes in two forms, Folded or in a bottle. The JUST Egg Folded are toast-sized squares that are purpose-built for quick fixes. All you need to do is put them into the toaster or lightly pan-fry them. Here are three easy recipes.
Breakfast Frittata with JUST Egg
JUST Egg – 1.5 Bottles for a 25cm pan
1 shallot, thin slices
1 clove garlic, minced
7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Pre-heat oven to 185 degrees celsius.
1. Cut the shallots into thin slices, mince garlic, and halve cherry tomatoes.
2. Wash kale and remove leaves from the stem, roughly chop the leaves.
3. Mix 1.5 bottles of JUST Egg with a pinch of paprika and black pepper and minced garlic. Fold in kale.
4. Grease your pan with olive oil and pour in JUST Egg mixture.
5. Stud the mixture with cherry tomatoes and shallots.
6. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes until the top turns golden brown.
7. Let cool. Slice and serve!
Loaded Plant-Based Sandwich
1 JUST Egg Folded
Red onion, thinly sliced
Tomato, thinly sliced
Brioche loaf or other bread
1. Slice mushrooms into strips, shred carrot and cucumber, cut tomato and onion into thin slices and set aside.
2. Lightly fry onions in olive oil. Lightly fry mushrooms in olive oil and a bit of soya sauce to taste.
3. Pan-fry your JUST Egg Folded in a little bit of olive oil.
4. Toast your bread and assemble!
When in doubt…
Make An Omelet!
The beauty of cooking at home is that you can make it work for you. I recommend using a non-stick pan for all your JUST Egg frying.
You can put about anything in an omelet—be careful not to put too much JUST Egg, as it’ll be difficult to flip.
Scan the QR Code to buy JUST Egg