Mark Klingspon, who operates restaurants The Nest, The Cannery, JUJU, and Rye & Co, has been kind to share his internal guidelines on safety measures for restaurants during the coronavirus.
The guideline includes practical information gathered from multiple public sources, adjusted for F&B operations and safety measures for guests.
Initially meant for internal use, Mark is sharing the document to support the F&B community and others, and to help them do their due diligence.
Bullet Points: Restaurant Operations Guidelines During Coronavirus
- Information about the coronavirus and its symptoms
- Hygiene guidelines
- Safety measures for those returning from high-risk areas in China
- Staff dormitory guidelines
- Daily staff safety checklist upon returning to work
- Safety measures for staff
- Safety measures for guests, including temperature check and hand-sanitizer on arrival
- Frequent disinfecting for high-traffic areas and menus
- Removal of raw items on the menu (oysters, seafood platters, tartare)
- Providing sharing utensils for shared plates
- Guidelines for cleaning after service
- Guidelines for suppliers/outside workers
The 31-page document is available for download in English and Chinese below: